Firefox sercurity questions

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 17 03:19:09 CDT 2005

--- Jonathan Hutchins <hutchins at tarcanfel.org> wrote:

> On Friday 10 June 2005 08:02 pm, Leo Mauler wrote:
>
> > This is happening right now in Firefox 1.0.
> > I don't understand it either.
>
> > This never happens in Mozilla (hint, hint to the
> > Mozilla people thinking of killing off the Mozilla
> > browser...).
>
> Uhm, Leo?  Firefox IS the Mozilla browser.  Mozilla
> is just Firefox plus a bunch of other stuff.
> Firefox is Mozilla is Mosaic

No, Firefox != Mozilla.  Firefox is based on the Gecko
engine and Mozilla is based on the Gecko engine, but
the two browsers are very different.

Also Mozilla gives a lot more control over the
browsing experience than Firefox does, and I dislike
many of the context-sensitive menus (for example, when
I right click on a Tab I am usually trying to close
it, not open a "New Tab").