PHP5

Aaron Spiegel spiegela at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 17:01:18 CDT 2005

> > "Upgrading to PHP 5" book....
>
> Ah.  Sounds like I need to order the book.

Its a good book for developers, but if you're just looking to install
it and be done, I can probably email you an excerpt.  I think 1 page
is legal, so long as I don't charge you. :)

 > > Of course once I get better at Ruby, I may not be going back to
> > PHP at all... :)
>
> Except that PHP will be out there, all over the place, and you'll either have
> to work with it or be prepared to convert it all to Ruby.

That's why I'm lucky to be a [Sys|SAN ]admin for real, and a developer
only for pretend.  I can usually rewrite my own code.  In seriousness
though, PHP5 is a cool language, handles threads, and is still faster
than Ruby, so I'll likely be keeping my skills sharp on both.