Squid, Apache 2 and FC4

Jon Moss jon.moss at cnonline.net
Thu Dec 22 15:27:32 CST 2005

Anyone out there using Squid as a web accelerator or reverse proxy?

Before I attempt to reinvent the wheel, I was curious about how you
accessed site if to the "outside" world it's the same IP address?  In
other words, I have two webservers behind my wireless router and I only
have two ports forwarded from the Internet to them (one for each server).

I thought it would be "better" if I used squid instead and eliminated one
of the forwarded ports.  But how do I access the URL from the outside
world?

None of the documentation I've read on Squid has gone into that workflow
process.

Any suggestions would be great!

--
Thanks very much,