Test: SPAM block notice rec'd for Gmail reply

Jack quiet_celt at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 14 00:13:36 CST 2005

--- Jon Pruente wrote:

> I tried sending a mesasge to the list and got back a
> blocked IP reply with
> tracing of SPAM abuse.  Hello?  It's GMail, what's
> the SPAM issue all about?

Can we see the exact message you got?

Also, since you bring up the subject. I've been having
issues
with my mail server (self-inflicted). I'm looking to
boost
the spam destruction capabilities of my mail server.
Seeing
as how I recently discovered I'm getting slammed with
5000+
emails a day, 95% of which are thrown away at SMTP
time. My server and client combination currently
blocks about 98% of the spam. I'd like to bump that
number up to 99.999% (hey it's a journey not a
destination). I'm looking at greylisting, and also I
added sa-exim to my system, but screwed up
placement/context of the configuration lines and
created a loop. So I've had to sdsiable my new feature
which was working quite well, by blocking 100% of the
spam and let through all except 1 of the emails that
should have gone through. The one caused a loop in the
system. So my question is does anyone use greylisting
with debian and exim? I've found one sample
configuration which I'm studying. But it's a bit
overkill for my needs.

So, Jon send us more detailed information on your
blocked ip message. I know others are using gmail on
the list so it's got to be something else.

Brian JD