Hello, KC!

David Ambs dave at ambs.net
Wed Aug 17 12:00:45 CDT 2005

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005, Luke-Jr wrote:
> I am, for the time being. It shouldn't be necessary, though.
I agree it shouldn't be necessary.. I've been having to do it for the past
year or so, since most of SBCs dynamic pools are blacklisted also... Not
really a big deal for me.

> Most all IPs are dynamic and it's ridiculous to expect all mail servers to be
> on a rare static IP. Sane spam filters will only check lists of abused IPs,
> not a list of nearly every IP online.

I've never really tried a static from SBC/Earthlink/whaterver isp. Wonder
if those are permitted? Wonder where they get their dynamic/static lsits at.

> Immediate delivery and/or delivery confirmation?

True. I guess I just don't use it.

> I use Postfix. Unless I want to create a mail forwarding loop when servers I
> relay for are down, it is necessary to list every host with intolerant mail
> servers in a transport file.

Oops. Forgot there are a fair amount of Postfix users out there now a
days. =]