Lexar Secure Jumpdrives

Brian Kelsay Brian.Kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Mon Dec 13 12:11:04 CST 2004

Brian Kelsay

>>> "Brian Densmore" <> 12/13/04 12:02PM >>>

>I do think I'll try to boot
>my desktop from it. I don't think the laptop will boot from it,
>but the desktop just might.

The DamnSmall FTP site has a floppy .img that I have used to successfully bootstrap and hand off to a USB jumpdrive.

>I'm wondering if it's possible to download the pictures from my
>camera directly onto the disk. Probably not, I think I have a USB
>connector to connect to the camera, but that's to plug into a PC with.
>It's an older digital. A 1.2MP Canon. Takes quite nice pix. Good lenses
>and capturing. Excellent colors and resolution.

Nope, need a PC for that unless you get some new fancy dancy camera w/ the feature.  The ones with SD/MMC flash memory cards can be put directly into certain printers that will print w/out a PC.  I was looking at some big screen TVs lately that also had SD flash and Sony Memstick slots to view pictures w/out a PC.  For those you could bank on needing the unencrypted fat16 filesystem as they come form the factory.  At least until world domination is achieved.