Lexar Secure Jumpdrives

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Mon Dec 13 10:53:40 CST 2004

Anyone have one of these or something similar? I got one for
my birthday, and immediately plugged it into my laptop and
created a directory and copied some pix of my daughter to it.
I noticed it had a file structure already on it along with some
Windows and Mac software. I brought it in to the office to see
if I could read the directory and sure enough it worked. It did
complain about a corrupt file system. I also ran the secure disk
software on it to repartition the stick as half secure and half
not. My question, would it be possible to reformat the stick with
an encrypted Linux fs and is so how would I be able to access it
from Windows and Macs? Also, by securing half the card, will I
still be able to use the whole stick in Linux? Another question,
the stick has an autorun script for Windows, if I were to wipe the
Windows software off of the stick would Windows still autodetect the
stick and mount it? Or is it only autodetecting because of the autorun.
I have a W2K desktop.

Brian Densmore