knoppix question

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Mon Dec 13 10:42:38 CST 2004

Yes, it is all relative, but based on the designed use/audience
for Knoppix (aka, GUI desktop, Linux newbies, Windows users),
it would be most desirable to boot using as much power and with
as little interaction as possible. Hence I made my comment based
on the intended use and audience for Knoppix. My wife who is
rather PC-illiterate, wouldn't know how to respond for a request
to mount a swap disk partition and would probably make her nervous
and she'd probably get frustrated and give up trying to use it. So
I stand by my original statement. Certainly there are risks in doing
that, but as I said before Knoppix isn't the ideal distro for
troubleshooting broken systems. There are much better choices for such
tasks.

Brian