knoppix question

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Mon Dec 13 08:48:20 CST 2004

I've booted Knoppix on my laptop which only has 96MB RAM.
I didn't touch any keys to do this. Now to be fair there is
a swap partition on the drive and it may have seen this and
used it. In fact the creators would be foolish not to look
for and use it.

Your need sounds more like a task for Tom's rootboot (tomsrtbt).
Why waste all that effort in launching knoppix? Tomsrtbt is
surely much faster loading and is tuned for such tasks.