knoppix question

Brian Kelsay Brian.Kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Mon Dec 13 06:55:26 CST 2004

It will boot into 128MB w/ no swap.  It's a little slower at 128, but useable.  256 should be fine.  I don't know what the low end ram is.  One possible Knoppix problem is the large number of daemons that auto start at boot.

Brian Kelsay

>>> <lerninlinux at comcast.net> 12/12/04 11:37PM >>>
I have taken old parts and assembled a test system,  I would like to know if Knoppix will boot into 256 mb of memory only.  No hard drive, no floppy.   I am wanting to use it as a test station for hard drives, (checking if they are bad and fdisking and such).