Secondary Slave

Jeremy Turner jeremy at linuxwebguy.com
Sat Dec 11 11:34:29 CST 2004

On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 11:13:21AM -0600, Brian Kelsay wrote:
> Some Western Digital drives I've had wanted to be on CS, especially if
> the only drive in the chain.  I personally don't trust CS as far as I
> could throw it.

In my Dell PowerEdge 600 SC, the manual specifically says to put all IDE
devices to cable select.  It took me a couple of days to reconfigure my
IDE situation in that machine.  I finally figured out that some drives
require you to tell to BIOS to autodetect the settings, where some other
drives are automatically set to autodetect.  It really threw me off.

Jeremy