Secondary Slave

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Fri Dec 10 10:58:47 CST 2004

I've had problems with setups like this:

PM : HD
PS : CDROM
SM : none
SS : CDRW
[note this was by accident and I changed the
 jumper to make SS into SM to fix]

PM : HD
PS : none
SM : present but not detected
SS : CDRW
[I fixed this by moving the CDRW from SS to PS]

PM : HD
PS : none
SM : CDRW
SS : HD
[see above, also was able to fix by setting HD to
 CableSelect mode]

I think the problems I had were due to a flaky HD.
So the short answer is: no it's not just you.
I think that some HDs are just flaky. What brand of
HD was it? Mine was either a Conner or Seagate or WD.
The PM being a Quantum Fireball. Of course it's also best
to *not* mix HD brands, or even oftentimes product lines.

Brian Densmore