Secondary Slave

djgoku djgoku at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 09:53:52 CST 2004

Computer Setup:

Primary Master:     Hard Drive
Primary Slave:       Nothing Present
Secondary Master: Hard Drive #but no hard drive was presenting when
trying to boot to cd.
Secondary Slave:    DVD Player

I was trying to boot from the cdrom and it wasn't showing up in POST
just the primary master hard drive. So I took the PM Hard drive out
and just let the secondary boot by itself worked like a charm. I got
it to work with the the below setup. Is this just me or does the bus
not get scanned if a Secondary Master is present? Kinda weird I would
think it would. This is probably the first time I have tried to boot
from SM not present. Kinda weird though either way.

Primary Master:     Hard Drive
Primary Slave:       DVD Player
Secondary Master: Hard Drive
Secondary Slave:    Nothing Present