who's using a usb drive

lerninlinux at comcast.net lerninlinux at comcast.net
Wed Dec 8 04:48:45 CST 2004

He is already booting from it under linux, but all  the models with the Prolific chipset, hang.  They had drivers on thier website at one time (Windows) but took the drivers page completely down.  People on the web are having problems with this chipset in multiple os's and Prolific doesn't acknowledge the problem, or post drivers (as stated previously).
Using it to do the updated was what was previously stated in the question,  he is not the first to do it, but what we are finding is manufacturers are switching to prolific as it is a cheaper chipset.  So  as the return time has passed on his usb case I am looking to get him a case that works.  Hence my request for what usb brand case with what chipset are people using.
Using this method, he is able to go to his different machines and sync the updates, it also allows a lot of transport space.