TV-OUT on laptop causes major damage, fire / shock

Duane Attaway dattawaykclug at dattaway.org
Fri Dec 3 16:46:46 CST 2004

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Thomas Bruno wrote:

> I don't know yet, i sent the details, and i got a automated message
> saying "we are redoing our mail system to better serve you, normally it
> would take a technician 6-12 hours to contact, but until we finish, it
> very well could be up to 24 hours.

The old runaround tactics.  First they shift the blame and if that fails,
pretend reading comprehension problems, and then if logic becomes too
threatening, stall.  Then they are ready to introduce you to the
bureaucracy of paperwork and procedure, all while making calls through a
broken automated telephone system.

"I need to talk to your supervisor."

"OK, I'll transfer you."

"Please be patient.  Call time may exceed 10 minutes. Your call is..."

I learned this when dealing with our beloved phone companies.

-=Duane
http://dattaway.org