Windoze Shortcuts

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Fri Oct 19 13:34:29 CDT 2001

Sounds like the sircam virus. Scan for sircam32 virus (sirc32.exe). Or
try this to check:
copy Regedit.exe to regedit.com, launch regedit.com
go to HKEY_LOCAL_ROOT/exefile/shell/open/command
it should look like this "%1 " %*, if it has "C:RecylcedSirc32.exe" in
front of that, your infected, and damn lucky you didn't loose everything
on the 10/16.

I am in the process of restoring a friend's machine, which was infected
with Sircam 32, and the MagistrateA virus. As well as having
cross-linked and corrupted files. The two viruses did considerable
damage to the Windows system directory, and had totally wiped clean the
system32 directory. He was also lucky, He gave the PC on the 15th, I
didn't work on it on the 16th. When I brought it up on the 17th I
noticed "scam32" in the task manager list.

Ahh, the joys of Windoze. Now I remember why I am using Linux!

Good Luck Jim,
(You'll need it)

Ex-Windoze Guru Brian

http://mp3.com/fastjohnny