Ethernet lan driver

D. Hageman dhageman at dracken.com
Wed Oct 3 14:56:27 CDT 2001

1) Go to book store and buy "Linux Device Drivers" published by O'Rielly.

2) While you are there ... you might was well pick up "Understanding the
Linux Kernel" published by O'Rielly.

3) Read.

4) Look at the code of the pre-existing ethernet drivers and use the same
"code structure" as a roadmap.

or if you are in a hurry ... just skip to step 4 and start hacking ...

On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, arvindp wrote:

> Hello groups,
>
>  I want to develope ethernet lan device driver on Linux. Any linux development kit is present in
world or not ? How i will start to wirte device driver. I know littel bit about hardware like
vender_id and device_id etc. .

--
||  D. Hageman                    <dhageman at dracken.com>  ||