ADSL

Inda, Dennis Dennis.Inda at olstenhs.com
Mon Oct 18 19:51:51 CDT 1999

That was really an interesting perspective, here's something more we can
throw around or chew on...
Right now people are really excited about getting on the web, so naturally
ISP's/cable/phone companies etc.. can cash in on providing connections to
the web, however, following the laws of economics, human wants are never
satisfied... What happens when people( esp. home consumers ) are maxed out
on surfing and now want to host their own web sites on their own web
servers, DHCP will not do.....so the competition will be, who can offer
static IP's at the lowest price!!! and even register your domain name for
you, host your DNS..and present you one bill. The classic business
requirements change; Now  the cycle begins again..there is a consumer rush
to obtain static IP's, only the companies that are ready can cash in..etc
etc.
Now the loopholes I was referring to are mainly infrastructure loops or at
least a contingency plan to change if users demand more. I may be wrong but
trends indicate that more and more people would like to host their own web
servers.....