RedHat Question

CYBERAARON cyberaaron at kc.net
Sun Oct 10 16:05:32 CDT 1999

Hi,

I am currently trying to install RedHat 6.1 from scratch (totally, no cd
or disks).  I downloaded the bootnet image and imaged a floppy with it,
then booted.  I select FTP for media and enter all my IP information.
Then it asks me for an FTP site and directory.  After succesfully
connecting to one of the mirror sites with another machine (to make sure
it's up) I enter the ftp and the appropriate path then go.  It hangs for
about 5 minutes then comes back and says it couldn't retrieve the
secondary ramdisk and gives me an error.  Now, sometimes this error is
different, sometimes it's Success (but it still says error) and
sometimes it says Bad Server Response.  I am using a Kingston KNE120-TX
network card (according to redhat it's supported - ne2000 pci) hooked to
my DSL router.  I am 98% sure that i selected the right network card
durring install and 100% sure about my IP's... the problem is in the FTP
site I believe...  If anyone has done this I would be grateful for any
suggestions.  Redhat doesn't provide much support on obtaining thier
software through free methods... would you? :)

Thanks,

Aaron